Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Broken Gift

GUEST POST!

To become an engineer I studied engineering physics, which had a large physics and cosmology
component. I am also a student of the origin of the universe and life on earth both from the
scientific and biblical perspectives.

Why look at both sources of knowledge? Both bodies of knowledge were fascinating, yet
appeared incompatible or were they?

In my fourth year at university, some fundamental questions concerning our origins began to re-
appear. In discussion with my nephews I realized they were asking the same questions I had
asked at their age and like me, not getting satisfactory answers. I then discovered that almost
every person has at some point in their life pondered the same question. I knew I could get a
better understanding of our origins from our two largest sources of knowledge - Science and the
Bible.

I realized the creation debate acts as a stumbling block to belief. Concurrently I saw an approach
to the problem developed 800 years ago, that looked like it had promise – which pointed me to a
reconciliation of science and religion answers on our origins. This was exciting and fresh and I
was encouraged to write a book, The Broken Gift, sharing what I had found.

So what did I find? That the Bible and science are mostly in agreement as to what happened and
how - although not completely on when it happened, and by studying both the Bible and science
we can get as close as we have ever gotten to understand how we came to be.

How long did it take to do the research? The research at one level took most of my life but most
intensely about 2 years. It took a year or so to write it all down and back up every statement with
a peer reviewed source or biblical source.

A Hall of Fame Top 50 Amazon Reviewer summarized it as follows “Friedmann is asking of us -
to stop the battle between those who say the Bible is completely factual and true and must be
taken on faith without engaging reason and those who debunk anything Biblical as fairytales for
the weak of mind as contradictory to new found and daily investigated scientific facts about
`How we began'. Friedmann marries the two concepts in an admirably thoughtful way and for all
his research and his personal commitment to bring some mutual agreement to both sides of this
debate he deserves at the very least a reading of his books. AND there is something for everyone,
no matter the side of belief, to learn from reading this book”

About Daniel Friedmann

Daniel Friedmann is CEO of MDA Corp., specializing in robotics. He has a master's in
engineering physics and 30 years' experience in the space industry. He has published more than
20 peer-reviewed scientific papers on space industry topics. He is also a longtime student of
cosmology and religion. Daniel Friedmann has been mentioned in the National Post, Toronto
Star and Idea City. The Broken Gift is currently available onAmazon.com and other retailers.
Connect with Daniel Friedmann on Facebook and at http://danielfriedmannbooks.com/. The Broken Gift

No comments: